SoROCK Coalition for Healthy Youth Seeks Applications for Social Media Specialist
16 Hours Per Week for 40 Weeks a Year
What is SoROCK? The Southern Rockingham Coalition for Healthy Youth (SoROCK) is a well established community-based collaboration among organizations representing the towns of Atkinson, Danville, Fremont, Hampstead, Kingston, Plaistow, Newton, and Sandown, NH. Our mission is to promote, support, and sustain healthy choices for children, youth and families in our communities by actively working to reduce and prevent alcohol, marijuana, prescription and other drug abuse.
The coalition has been responsible for a number of major accomplishments over the years including funding to support infrastructure development, professional development and communications, expansion of evidence-based programming in schools and communities, and reductions in risky behavior. The internal structure of the SoROCK coalition includes general membership, a steering committee, officers, and an executive board.
Coalition Social Media Specialist Job Description
The Social Media Specialist works directly with the SoROCK Director, Coordinator, and the members of the Executive Board to oversee marketing, communication, and outreach campaigns that promote healthy choices for students in our communities.
The Social Media Specialist reports to the coalition director. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping young people make healthy
choices, expertise in social media, and excellent organizational, collaboration & communication
Specific Areas of Responsibilities include:
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar
community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as
- Help create, deliver, edit and optimize marketing materials including the production of
quarterly newsletters and other print materials
- Become an advocate for SoRock social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering
questions where appropriate
- Support coalition coordinator with dissemination efforts
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing strategies, tools, and social
media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.)
and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and
build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Public Relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Communicate effectively with coalition members, community partners, key leaders, policy
makers and the general public as required
- Experience with computer assisted publication design and layout desired
To Apply: Send the following information to Dr. Howard Muscott, Director, SoROCK via email at
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position.
- A current resume
- Names and phone contacts of 3 references